Divorce is more than just dividing your money and time with your children. It should be more than trying to assert power over your spouse through an adversarial system. At its core, divorce is about grief, loss and transformation. Divorce will transform your identity and your relationships. What that looks like is up to you. When considering a divorce, the most important question is which approach should we use? Kitchen Table, Mediation, Collaborative Divorce or Litigation.
What to Expect
At our initial consultation, you can expect:
- Us to listen carefully, without judgment
- To offer initial guidance to make an informed decision about how to move forward
- To be advised on the value of working with a mental health professional
- To be informed about the basic law of divorce, custody, property division, spousal and child support
- To understand your options: Kitchen Table, Mediation, Collaborative Divorce or Litigation
Our Family in Two Homes
A resource package that combines the knowledge of a collaborative family lawyer and a comprehensive workbook, so your family can make the healthiest possible transition to two homes.
Divorce can often be a terrible experience, and if a custody battle is involved it can be horrendous. Having worked with numerous lawyers, Nanci was the only one who was willing to fight for a fair resolution. She explored all options and didn’t give up. I wouldn’t think twice about hiring her again, and highly recommend her.